Visiting Gaspésie with Your Dog
Visitors often wonder whether dogs are allowed in accommodation establishments or tourist attractions in Gaspésie. This blog post will help you plan your stay in our region with your furry companion.
First, consult the Website, which lists various accommodation options: hotels, B&Bs, cottages, campgrounds, etc. Those that are pet-friendly will include a dog pictogram, as pictured below. (If you don’t see this pictogram, pets are not allowed.)
Over 38 beaches, including 3 that are supervised, and over 32 hiking trails are accessible to dogs.
Two national parks allow dogs on leashes: Forillon National Park and, more recently, Parc national de la Gaspésie. In the latter case, dogs are allowed in certain areas only, which are clearly delineated to avoid any confusion. The authorized sites are the Lucarne and Chute-Sainte-Anne trails, the De la Rivière campground and the De la Vallée RV area. Wildlife reserves generally allow dogs except inside camps and in areas with signs forbidding their presence.
If you are travelling with your pet, please note that not all attractions are pet friendly. In addition, note that most of the attractions listed below require your pet to be on a leash.
Places you can visit with your dog:
- Mitis River Park, Sainte-Flavie
- Circuit de fresques, des arts et du patrimoine, Les Murmures de la ville, (a walking tour of murals and public art), Mont-Joli
- Vignoble Carpinteri, Saint-Ulric
- Les Jardins de Doris, Matane
- Projet Éole, Cap-Chat
- Mount Lyall Agate Mine, Sainte-Anne-des-Monts
- Phare de Cap-de-la-Madeleine, Sainte-Madeleine-de-la-Rivière-Madeleine
- Birth Place of Canada Historic Site, Gaspé (outdoors only)
- Percé UNESCO Global Geopark, (Mont Sainte-Anne and Mont Blanc trails)
- Circuit des Bâtisseurs, Chandler
- Paspébiac National Historic Site, Paspébiac
- Chute à Philomène, Saint-Alexandre-des-Lacs
- Site des Chutes et Marais, Causapscal (outdoors only)
- Parc régional de la Seigneurie du Lac Matapédia, Amqui
- La Route des Belvédères, Matapédia
Fishing on the wharves does not require a fishing licence and your furry friends are welcome!
In addition, if you are travelling with your dog and want to visit sites that are not pet-friendly, you will be happy to know that several local kennels offer you the option of boarding your pet during your absence. Visit our tourist information offices for more information about these companies, which are located throughout the Gaspé Peninsula. We will be happy to help you find one that suits you!
Enjoy discovering Gaspésie with your dog! To make sure you savour every moment, plan your stay at tourisme-gaspesie.com! #gaspesie
Which itinerary to choose for your tour of Gaspésie?
Do I need reservations for my vacation in Gaspésie?
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.