Festivals not to be missed for music lovers!
Music lovers, whatever your favorite genre, there is an event that awaits you this summer in Gaspésie! The ideal excuse for a trip between sea and mountains in our beautiful region.
Country music lovers, get out your cowboy hats and book your weekend in late July, because there are not one, but two Western music festivals in Gaspésie! The Festival Country de Matane will get you dancing in the saloon with country western and folk musicians as well as at outdoor shows. The Festival Western de Bonaventure, meanwhile, will enable you to experience the biggest equestrian event in Eastern Québec with competitions, horse pull, and country rock show. Two events not to be missed!
For musical discoveries and a complete escape, try the Festival Musique du Bout du Monde in Gaspé. In addition to the many shows under the big top, the FMBM’s programming includes family activities and entertainment on Rue de la Reine and the eagerly awaited show at sunrise at Cap Bon-Ami in Forillon National Park. Magic moments guaranteed.
Many artists from Québec and elsewhere are present at all these summer festivals. Consult their programming online:
- Festival en chanson de Petite-Vallée, end of June
- La Fresq’Ô Fête, early July, Mont-Joli
- Festi Plage de Cap-d’Espoir, end of July, Percé (Cap-d’Espoir)
- Festival Éole en musique, mid-August, Matane
- Festival de Musique et Foire agricole de Shigawake, mid-August, Shigawake
- Fête des Guitares du Québec, early July, Lac-au-Saumon
For other suggestions of events and plan your stay in Gaspésie: tourisme-gaspesie.com.